The AESSEAL® apprenticeship scheme offers a real alternative to university.
Here at AESSEAL® we understand the importance of learning through experience and have identified ten areas to grow our own future employees. We offer diverse opportunities to enable you to advance in your career throughout a variety of different disciplines, not just engineering.
In collaboration with The Source, Rotherham College and the ARMC you could complete an apprenticeship in Mechanical Engineering or other various disciplines, depending on vacancies available. For information apprenticeships other than Mechanical Engineering visit The Source and Rotherham College directly.
No matter which discipline you choose to do an apprenticeship in at AESSEAL®, should the chance arise, we offer equal opportunities to move into other departments during your apprenticeship. We empower our employees to do so once they have gained the necessary skills and experience. Different education routes may be provided to support these eventualities.
Unlike other apprenticeship providers, if you are offered an apprenticeship with AESSEAL® you are guaranteed a full time position within the business, providing you pass your probation period.
Once your initial apprenticeship is complete, we’ll encourage you to aim higher and work with you to make time for further study. Many of our apprentices have gone on to further higher education learning and progressed their careers within the AESSEAL Group, including international travel and placements.
Mechanical Engineering - Additional Information
Apprenticeship with RNN Group
If selected for the RNN Group apprenticeship you’ll start work straight away with us and spend one day a week at college for up to three years. Your studies may include;
- NVQ3 work based (Mechanical)
- Diploma in Engineering Level 3 (Mechanical)
- Functional Skills: English, Maths and ICT
- ERR: Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- PLTS: Personal Thinking and Learning Skills
- Foundation Competence Level 2
- Development Competence Level 3
- Development Technical Knowledge Level 3
Apprenticeship with AMRC
Our 3 year manufacturing apprenticeship with the ARMC follows the program below:
- Full time learning at Advanced Manufacturing Research Centre (AMRC) and will study Performing Engineering Operations Level 2,
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities, Personal Learning and Thinking Skills,
- Technical Certificate Year 1,
- Level 3 tasks.
- Day release to AMRC Training Centre whilst based at AESSEAL®, Mill Close.
- You will study Technical Certificate Year 2, NVQ Level 3 plus Additionality and Enrichment modules.
- You will continue to be assessed in the workplace studying NVQ Level 3 plus Additionality and Enrichment modules.
For more information about the Mechanical Engineering apprenticeship scheme please download the apprenticeship pack before completing the application form.