AESSEAL® has had its commitment to responsible business practices honoured in the national Lord Mayor’s Dragon Awards at a ceremony held in the Mansion House in London on the 25th September 2018.
The Rotherham-based company, which designs and manufactures mechanical seals for industries across the globe, was named the inaugural Business of Trust Champion - a new award launched by the Lord Mayor of London, Charles Bowman, to reflect the theme of his year in office.
The Company was selected from a prestigious shortlist which included a global investment management corporation, international communications company and a major retail bank.
The award recognises companies which are helping to create ‘a lasting legacy of better business trusted by the community’.
Managing Director of AESSEAL®, Chris Rea, said: “Our company ethos since 1979 has been to develop, support and value our staff, from our newest apprentices to our world-class engineers and innovators.
“The trust placed in us by our customers was recently recognised with a score of 87.5 out of 100 in the UK’s largest independent customer satisfaction survey (UKCSI).
“We provide a powerful role model, particularly to younger companies and SMEs, by sharing the AESSEAL® story of integrity, ethics and care for its people and the wider community.
“I am particularly delighted to see the efforts of my brilliant colleagues rewarded by being named Business of Trust Champion, as all the other finalists are such high calibre businesses.”
Announcing the award, Lord Mayor Charles Bowman said: “Companies can make a tremendous difference by identifying gaps, pioneering new policies, and working with underrepresented groups – or, simply, by giving whatever money, time, or skills they can. This year’s well deserving Dragon Awards winners have done just this.
“These firms are working hard to make a difference in a huge range of areas, from promoting social mobility in the workplace to supporting and attracting new young talent to industries with skills shortages.
“We need to recognise and celebrate the innovative work that firms are doing within their responsible business initiatives. It’s no longer simply about engaging with local communities. It is about benefitting workforces and creating a better and fairer society.”
AESSEAL® has won eight awards so far this year:
- Chris Rea Lifetime Achievement Award in the British Pump Manufacturers’ Association (BPMA) Pump Industry Awards
- Award for International Trade in at TheBusinessDesk.com’s Yorkshire Business Masters Awards 2018
- Manufacturing Apprenticeship/Training Award in the Made in Sheffield (MiS) Awards
- Princess Royal Training Award for outstanding training and development
- Amber Nicholson Apprentice of the Year, Derby College Peak Awards and Apprentice of the Year in the East Midlands Enterprising Women Awards.
- Ryan Morris Rotherham Apprentice of the Year Award
- Nathan Wall Rotherham Advanced Apprentice of the Year award